MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM are now rolling out for Xiaomi devices. Below are the devices which are going to get the update in first batch.
Update Schedule for MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM
The 1st batch :
- Devices: Redmi Note 5/Pro, Mi 6, Mi MIX 2, Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Mi MIX, Redmi S2
- Date: Released during 11th September to 13rd September, 2018
It means the users who are using the above devices will receive the update earlier, while others may receive the update later. For users of other devices, please stay tuned to our website, once other devices get the update i will list it out.
What is MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM?
MIUI has 3 ROM versions: Experimental, Developer and Stable.
1. Experimental version is updated every day, and is open to a small part of senior members. It includes new features and bug fixes for the senior members to test before they enter developer version, therefore it contains high risks of serious bugs.
2. Developer version (China and Global) is updated every week. It get new features and bug fixes in every update, and is stable enough for daily usage.
3. Stable version doesn’t have a regular update frequency. It’s updated once a month/two months/even longer to ensure system stability. Common users who prefer ROM stability are recommended to use this version.
1. How to upgrade to MIUI 10 Global stable version?
The upgrade method depends on the MIUI version you’re currently using on your device
If you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6/MIUI 7/MIUI 8/MIUI 9 Global Stable version on your device, you can update directly on your device via OTA. Click here to see detailed MIUI flashing tutorials.
2. Are there any notes I need to take before upgrading to MIUI 10 Global Stable version?
It’s highly recommended to back up user data before updating. OTA update is a safe procedure, since it’s not necessary to back up data. But if you update using full ROM, it’s better to back up all of your data to a computer. Please don’t update across MIUI versions (experimental / developer / stable). If you really need to update across MIUI versions, make sure to wipe all user data in Recovery mode before updating. How to flash MIUI ROM? Click here to see detailed MIUI flashing tutorials.
3. Could Developer version ‘upgrade’ to Stable version?
A: The answer is yes. But you can’t use the OTA method to update, and can only flash the full ROM. As developer version is actually advanced than stable version, there will be data conflict between the two versions. Therefore, please wipe all user data in Recovery mode before flashing the ROM. How to flash MIUI ROM? Click here to see detailed MIUI flashing tutorials.
4. Why do I not receive update for MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM now?
Update for MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM is released first for certain users of Redmi S2/Y2. It means some users will receive the update earlier, while others may receive the update later. But all the users of the above mentioned devices may receive the update for MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM soon. For users of other devices, please stay tuned to the forum. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
Designed for full screen experience
- 1. All-new full screen gestures will change the way you interact with your device. They can do everything you used buttons for, except they’re faster, smarter, and more convenient
- 2. All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage
- 1. You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI
- 2. Simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need.
- 3. Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important.
- 1. AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel.
- 2. Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too.